'Even the impossible can become the possible (when it comes to love)...'
That was the thought when I tackled on with this piece. This piece was a pain in the ass because it was my first cloisonne enamel piece. At first it was going to be a multiple of flowers or a ranunclus but I decided on a rose when that thought came to me. I decided that it would be a red rose blooming through a blue rose. So there's a bit of floriography in play as well. Let's say this was my greatest challenge in jewelry making by far. In all honesty, the watercolor-y effect wasn't intentional at first, it was the result of firing in the kiln too much but it was a happy accident. It gives the brooch a dreamy-like effect. It really looks nice with through polishing and the clear nail polish finish. I am so glad this is done.
Done in copper, lead transparent enameling powder, cloisonne wire, and clear nail polish (Revlon). Taken on the IPhone 4S and edited on Photoshop CS2.